Friday, January 24, 2014

Quick Adventure

Walking along in the cold addled my brain, and this is what I came up with for an adventure.
Rats are in the forest cutting down trees with chainsaws. What are these devices? They come from a steampunk goblin alchemists who is distilling the bile of a black dragon into usable fuel. It seems that the black dragon doesn't like trees on his property.
It's a simple adventure, but what I like about it is that the silly idea of chainsaws got me out of my usual genre rut into some other tropes. (Yay, tropes.)

Another thing that I like about this is that your characters get chainsaws. What will they do with those chainsaws? I have no idea, but hopefully it includes a "Chainsaw Warrior" prestige class, and maybe even dual-wielding chainsaws. Yeah-o-yeah. And if I'm really lucky, some player says, "my character cuts off the head of the dragon with a chainsaw," and then crits.